ABOUT THE VENUE:
The Can Can is a beautiful venue located in Seattle’s historic Pike Place Market! We are one of cities most celebrated, award winning nightspots. The decor & underground setting are evocative of Paris at the turn of the 20th century.
The Can Can has full stage/sound/lighting capabilities for your show. We also offer a full food menu of Northwest inspired cuisine made with fresh ingredients from the Pike Place Market. We also have a full bar/drink menu with cocktails made from scratch with fresh squeezed fruits and vegetables.
IF YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA WE WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU!
● We are looking for at least a 30+ person draw from your group.
The more, the better.
● We are looking for a polished, professional shows! Can Can
prides itself on amazing entertainment and books acts that are just that.
● Do you know how to promote??? Do you have a mailing list, Facebook, Mypace,
Twitter and/or ability to spread the news by word of mouth? Do you have fans, friends and family that are possible invitees? Have you sent a press release or contacted the media? Do you know what it takes to get people to your show?
● Once booked, send us an email with the following information: a brief
bio/description of your band to post on our site. Links to your web
pages to post on our site, the number of performers in your show,
a contact person/phone number for the show (send to email@example.com)
● Please send us (10) 11x17 posters so we can post them outside our
door @ the Market & prime locations in Seattle. Please send them
to: 94 Pike St. Seattle, WA. 98101
● If you have your own graphic design for a poster or handbill for your
show, you have the option of sending it over to us and we can have them
printed. We will pay for the prints, please be advised that you would be
responsible for pick-up and distribution at G & H Printing in Eastlake (2370 Eastlake Avenue East, Seattle, WA 98102 | 206.329.9888)
WHAT WE PROVIDE
● Agreed compensation/hospitality/stage & sound specs listed.
● We will post your show for presale on Stranger ticketing. We
will submit all shows to the calendar editors @ Seattle Times, The
Stranger, Seattle Weekly, City Arts & KEXP as well as
all of our social networks.
● A House Manager and Sound Engineer. We use our own staffing
for our events, it is not permitted to bring your own door person
or sound person.
● 100% of the door goes to the artist after budget ($125) and
tax (5%). Budget includes - $50 for door / $50 for sound / $25 for marketing.
● The 100% artist share is normally divided up evenly between each
group/performer. If you add support acts to your bill let us know
in advance if you’d like payment to be split up differently. We need to approve support acts, see above under “what you provide”
● Additional incentive: from your doors time until the show ends, if the bar
meets or surpasses bar pars you will get a bonus. Please inquire.
● Hospitality (please inquire)
● Please inquire regarding sellable capacity based on your show type
● Guest list (1) per band member, not to exceed 15 total for all acts
● Our door price for your show ranges between $5-$15 depending on your draw and past experience in the Seattle market
● Please remember that we are required by law to obtain a tax
identification number when making a reportable payment to any
artist. We can print out a W9 for you to fill out day of show. Please
remember you will not be taxed until you make over $600 in one
TIMELINE/SHOW SCHEDULES for a 7:30pm show
● Load-in is no earlier than 2 hours prior to the show start time
● Audio technician will arrive 1 hour before show
● 7:30 – 9:30 is your show slot time. if you need more time, please let
● You may choose to start your show later if there is no late show
booked that night. Please let us know via email. Generally we have 7:30 doors for an 8pm show, etc
● This timeline is not set in stone and can be adjusted. Please advise
with your thoughts as to the best show schedule for your performance
Thank you for considering the Can Can for your show! Please let us know if you have any questions/concerns.